WA STATE HS PHOTO COMPETITION GUIDELINES 2012
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE GUIDELINES HERE (PDF)
What is the Washington State High School Photography Competition?
An annual event designed to showcase the finest photographers in Washington state high schools.
Who can enter?
Any student grades 9-12 currently enrolled in a Washington state public, private or alternative high school.
Here’s an opportunity to have your photograph exhibited at the Seattle Art Museum, Tacoma Art Museum, win a $1700 Canon digital camera and printer system, see your photo featured on a Jones Soda bottle, shoot photographs like a pro at a Sounders FC soccer match, and bank a little prize money—cha-ching!
All entries must be in our possession by Saturday, April 28th 2012 – 3 PM. If you’re shipping entries via post office, please use this address: Kenmore Camera PO Box 82467 Kenmore, WA 98028. For UPS, FedX, etc. and hand delivery, please use: Kenmore Camera 18031 – 67th Ave. NE Kenmore, WA 98028. ALL ENTRIES FROM A SINGLE SCHOOL MUST BE DELIVERED TOGETHER WITH A COMPLETED ENTRY FORM AND FULL PAYMENT – Absolutely no exceptions. Please mark boxes attn: Washington State Photo. For directions visit www.kcamera.com
$2 per entry. A limit of 6 entries per student, with no more than 3 in any single category. Purchase orders, checks, bank cards and cash accepted. Please make purchase orders and checks payable to Kenmore Camera.
• Best in Show: Canon EOS 60D digital camera kit AND a Canon Pro 9000 Mark ll printer (total value $1700) courtesy of Kenmore Camera and Canon;
• The Photographic Center Northwest will select one image to receive the PCNW Choice Award. The student awarded this prize will receive a full tuition PCNW class or workshop of their choice ($650 value).
• 1st in Category: $100 courtesy of Kenmore Camera.
• Six images from the 2012 exhibit will be selected by Jones Soda and featured on a regional run of 250,000 of their soda bottles.
• 1 lucky student will be selected by the Seattle Sounders FC soccer club to attend a professional soccer match, get down on the field and learn how to photograph a game with Sounders FC photographer Corky Trewin.
Contact program director Kelly Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.