©2023 Photographic Center Northwest. All rights reserved.
WORKSHOP: Black & White Film Photography Basics
Black & White Film Photography BasicsNovember 5, 2023 | Sunday 12:30-5:30pm$135 This is a one–day workshop designed for beginners
Black & White Film Photography Basics
November 5, 2023 | Sunday 12:30-5:30pm
This is a one–day workshop designed for beginners who want to shoot and process black and white film, but it can also serve as a refresher for anyone who is rekindling a relationship with the medium. Start off by shooting a roll of black and white film on your 35mm camera after an overview of how aperture, shutter speed and depth of field will affect your results. Then learn how to process your film and obtain negatives for printing.
Topics covered include:
- Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, and ISO: how do they work together?
- Metering and shooting with a 35mm film camera
- Film processing: how to turn exposed film into negatives for printing
- Film developing chemistry, and how it works
Take this workshop in tandem with our Black & White Printing Basics workshop for a perfect two–day introduction or refresher to the beauty of black and white photography.
- Students are required to have/bring a 35mm SLR (Single Lens Reflex) Film Camera; please check your camera batteries or bring a spare to ensure your camera is in working order
- PCNW will provide one roll of 35mm film per student to shoot during the workshop
(Sunday) 12:30 pm - 5:30 pm