Do you have a digital camera and want to learn how to get the most out of it, or simply need a refresher? Our one-day digital camera basics workshop will help you venture beyond auto mode by giving you a practical, hands-on understanding of digital photography capture and camera settings. We’ll cover camera setting options, how they relate, and which settings are appropriate for various situations (portraiture, nature, or sports photography for example). Take this workshop in tandem with our Digital Image Workflow Basics workshop for a comprehensive foundation for your digital photography.
• Navigating the menu options of your camera.
• Image quality file types; JPEG vs RAW.
• Image Sensor Size.
• ISO vs Digital Noise.
• DSLR vs Mirrorless.
• How to make practical adjustments in aperture/shutter speed.
• Setting white balance and in-camera color settings.
• Read histograms to evaluate images in–camera.
Students can bring their DSLR, Mirrorless, or point and shoot camera as long as it has manual controls. Please also bring your manual as all cameras are different.