PCNW offers full tuition scholarships for students seeking to enroll in a workshop on a quarterly basis. This scholarship is intended for students with financial barriers and/or those who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+, or with a disability. This scholarship is open to students of all skill-levels interested in expanding their photographic skills and knowledge.
Applications are accepted quarterly, on a rolling basis. Details about upcoming workshop offerings are available on our Workshop Schedules & Registration page.
PCNW accepts scholarship applications online.
If you need access to a computer to complete your application, you may utilize one in the PCNW digital lab at no cost. Contact us at email@example.com or 206.720.7222 x0 to make an appointment.
Applicants must include the following items as part of the online application form:
- Letter of application explaining why you are applying for a scholarship (topic prompts included in application form)
- Reported income from your most recent W-2 or Tax Return, or alternate details regarding your current income status
- OPTIONAL: 5 JPEGs of your photography (recommended for folks interested in an intermediate or advanced workshop for which prior photography experience is required; file sizes must not exceed 1MB each)
- Individuals experiencing financial barriers AND/OR
- Individuals who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+, or with a disability
- Students at all skill-levels
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONDITIONS OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
- PCNW reserves the right to determine which courses are available for subsidized tuition.
- Scholarships may not be used towards any cost except tuition. Scholarships are not cash awards; they are applied as a discounted rate towards a workshop.
- “Full tuition scholarship” and/or “Partial tuition scholarship” means that PCNW will subsidize up to the awarded scholarship amount for one workshop during the quarter for which you apply.
- Scholarship funds are valid only for the quarter they are awarded; scholarships cannot be deferred or transferred to a future quarter or academic year.
- Students are responsible for providing their own equipment (i.e. camera), materials, and books as required by the course.
- Students are responsible for payment of any remaining tuition balance not covered by scholarship funds in accordance with our registration and payment policies.
- All attendance and withdrawal policies apply and no academic credit will be awarded for incomplete courses due to withdrawal. See our Education Policies for details.