The PCNW Scholarship offers partial tuition awards for students seeking to enroll in a class on a quarterly basis; awards may range from 20% to 60% of tuition for one class within a quarter.
This scholarship is open to students who could not otherwise attend PCNW classes due to financial barriers.
Applications are accepted quarterly; deadlines are set approximately two months prior to the quarter start date and are listed for upcoming quarters on the Academic Calendar available on the Student Resources page.
Details about upcoming classes available on our Class Schedules & Registration page.
- Individuals experiencing financial barriers
- Students at all skill-levels
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCNW accepts scholarship applications online.
If you need access to a computer to complete your application, you may utilize one in the PCNW digital lab at no cost. Contact us at email@example.com or 206.720.7222 x0 to make an appointment.
Applicants must include the following items as part of the online application form:
- Letter of application explaining why you are applying for a scholarship (topic prompts included in application form)
- One copy of your most recent W-2 or Tax Return, or alternate documentation verifying your current income status
- Copy of your most recent pay stub (if available)
- 5-10 JPEGs of your photography (file sizes must not exceed 1MB each)
- Optional: CV, letter of reference, artist statement
CONDITIONS OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
- PCNW reserves the right to determine which courses are available for subsidized tuition.
- Scholarships may not be used towards any cost except tuition. Scholarships are not cash awards; they are applied as a discounted rate towards a class.
- “Full tuition scholarship” and/or “Partial tuition scholarship” means that PCNW will subsidize up to the awarded scholarship amount for one course during the quarter for which you apply.
- Scholarship funds are valid only for the quarter they are awarded; scholarships cannot be deferred or transferred to a future quarter or academic year.
- Students are responsible for providing their own equipment (i.e. camera), materials, and books as required by the course.
- Students are responsible for payment of any remaining tuition balance not covered by scholarship funds in accordance with our registration and payment policies.
- All attendance and withdrawal policies apply and no academic credit will be awarded for incomplete courses due to withdrawal. See our Education Policies for details.